"A soothing mānuka oil blend suspended in a sweet almond oil base"
Mānuka essential oil is made by distilling leaves and twigs from the mānuka tree (leptospermum scoparium). Each leaf contains a range of powerful healing oils, which are stored in the oil sacs on the underside of the leaves.
East Cape mānuka oil contains very high levels of triketones - a group of naturally occurring compounds that have extraordinary healing abilities. Triketones have been proven to be effective in controlling MRSA, Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2), and 20-30 times more effective at destroying gram-positive bacteria than Australian Tea Tree Oil.
This potent blend of mānuka oil, lavendar oil, lemon myrtle oil, tea tree oil and sweet almond oil is great for applying directly to the skin and can be used to help with a range of conditions.
We also stock 100% pure East Cape mānuka oil.
Ways to use this product:
Here are some of our favourite ways to use mānuka essential oil around the home:
- Add a few drops of East Cape mānuka oil to your favourite shampoo or conditioner to help with dandruff.
- Apply directly to cuts, scratches and grazes to prevent infection and speed up the healing process.
- Apply to fungal infections such as coldsores and athlete's foot to kill the nasties and help it heal faster.
- Can be used as a spot treatment for acne, blemishes and breakouts.
- If you suffer from body odour, try adding a few drops to your liquid soap or body wash to help kill the stink-causing bacteria.
- To help with chafing and rashes, massage a few drops into the irritated areas of skin as required.
- Use it as an insect repellent - simply dilute with your favourite carrier oil and apply to the areas of exposed skin that insects are most likely to bite.
- If you do get bitten, try using East Cape mānuka oil to soothe the irritation - it's also an antihisthamine!
Crafted in New Zealand from renewable botanical sources.
Each bottle contains 10ml of 25% East Cape mānuka oil blend.
Not tested on animals.
Health properties: analgesic, anthelmintic, antibacterial, anti-dandruff, antihisthamine, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiseptic, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, deoderant, expectorant, herbicidal, immune stimulant, insecticidal, relaxant, spasmolytic and vulnerary.
Description: Extracted from the leaves of the mānuka tree by steam distillation. Prized for its versatile healing ability, mānuka has been used by Māori for many centuries for a wide range of purposes. East Cape mānuka oil contains high levels of triketones, which have powerful antibacterial properties.
Directions: Apply sparingly to the affected areas as required. Can be diluted with vegetable oil.
Ingredients: Sweet almond oil (prunus dulcis), East Cape mānuka oil (leptospermum scoparium), lemon myrtle oil (backhousia citriodora), lavendar oil (lavandula angustifolia) and tea tree oil (melaleuca alternifolia).
Caution: External use only, do not swallow, avoid contact with eyes and ears, keep out of reach of pets and children. If you suspect an allergic reaction, discontinue use.
Shipping policy: Free delivery anywhere in New Zealand on orders over $50. $5 nationwide shipping for orders under $50. Flat-rate delivery available to most parts of the world.
Returns policy: If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, simply send it back within 30 days and we'll refund the full cost of the item.